Peer Reviewed Journals
34. Krauth, S. J., Balen, J., Gobert, G. N. and Lamberton, P. H.L. (2019) A call for systems epidemiology to tackle the complexity of schistosomiasis, its control, and elimination. Tropical Medicine and Infectious Disease, 4(1), 21.
33. M Adriko*, CL Faust*, M Arinaitwe, LV Carruthers, PHL Lamberton (2018) Low praziquantel treatment coverage for Schistosoma mansoni in Mayuge District, Uganda due to absence of treatment opportunities rather than systematic non-compliance. Tropical Medicine and Infectious Diseases 3(4): 111.
32. JM Prada, P Touloupou, M Adriko, EM Tukahebwa, PHL Lamberton†, TD Hollingsworth† (2018) Understanding the relationship between egg and antigen-based diagnostics of Schistosoma mansoni infection pre and post treatment. Parasites & Vectors 11:21.
30. O Pitaksakulrat, BL Webster, JP Webster, T Laha, W Saijuntha, PHL Lamberton, N Kiatsopit, RH Andrews, TN Petney, P Sithithaworn (2018) Phylogenetic relationships within the Opisthorchis viverrini species complex with specific analysis of O. viverrini sensu lato from Sakon Nakhon, Thailand by mitochondrial and nuclear DNA sequencing. Infection, Genetics and Evolution 62:86-94.
29. CM Gower, F Gehre, SR Marques, PHL Lamberton, NJ Lwambo, JP Webster (2017) Phenotypic and genotypic monitoring of Schistosoma mansoni in Tanzanian schoolchildren five years into a preventative chemotherapy national control programme. Parasites & Vectors 10:593.
28. M Viana, CL Faust, DT Haydon, JP Webster†, PHL Lamberton (2017) The effects of sub-curative doses of praziquantel on survival and reproduction trade-offs amongst drug-resistant Schistosoma mansoni. Evolutionary Applications 00:1–13.
25. PHL Lamberton, CL Faust, JP Webster (2017) Praziquantel decreases fecundity in Schistosoma mansoni adult worms that survive treatment: evidence from a laboratory life-history trade-offs selection study Journal of Infectious Diseases of Poverty 6:10.
24. JL Crainey, J Hurst, PHL Lamberton, RA. Cheke, C Griffin, MD Wilson, CP Mendes de Araújo, M-G Basañez, RJ Post (2017) The genomic architecture of novel Simulium damnosum Wolbachia prophage sequence elements and implications for onchocerciasis epidemiology. Frontiers in Microbiology 8:852.
23. O Pitaksakulrat, N Kiatsopit, N Laoprom, BL Webster, JP Webster, PHL Lamberton, T Laha, RH Andrews, TN Petney, D Blair, EJ Carlton, R C Spear, P Sithithaworn (2017) Preliminary genetic evidence of two different populations of Opisthorchis viverrini in Lao PDR. Parasitology Research 116:4, pp. 1247–1256.
20. T Crellen, M Walker, PHL Lamberton, NB Kabatereine, EM Tukahebwa, JA Cotton, JP Webster (2016) Reduced efficacy of praziquantel against Schistosoma mansoni is associated with multiple rounds of mass drug administration. Clinical Infectious Diseases 63 (9) pp. 1151-1159.
19. PHL Lamberton, RA Cheke, M Walker, P Winskill, JL Crainey, DA Boakye, MY Osei-Atweneboana, I Tirados, MD Wilson, A. Tetteh, S Otoo, RJ Post, M-G Basáñez (2016) Onchocerciasis transmission in Ghana: the human blood index of sibling species of the Simulium damnosum complex. Parasites & Vectors 9: 432.
18. PHL Lamberton and PM Jourdan (2015) Human ascariasis: diagnostics update. Topics exploring loa-loa, onchocerciasis, hookworm, ascaris, trichuris. Editors: A Sanchez and R Fujiwara. Current Tropical Medicine Reports 64, pp. 1-12.
16. C-R Bian, D-B Lu, J Su, X Zhou, H-X Zhuge, PHL Lamberton (2015). Serological prevalence of Schistosoma japonicum in mobile populations in previously endemic but now non-endemic regions of China: a systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS One 10 (6): e0128896.
15. PHL Lamberton, RA Cheke, P Winskill, RJ Post, M Walker, DA Boakye, MY Osei-Atweneboana, N-K Biritwum, MD Wilson, A Tetteh-Kumah, M-G Basáñez (2015). Onchocerciasis Transmission in Ghana: Persistence under Different Control Strategies and the Role of the Simuliid Vectors. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases 9 (4): e0003688.
14. C-R Bian, Y-M Gao, PHL Lamberton D-B Lu (2015). Comparison of genetic diversity and population structure between two Schistosoma japonicum isolates-the field and the laboratory. Parasitology Research 1-6.
13. EA Ochodo, G Golalakrishna, B Speak, JB Reitsma, L van Lieshout, K Polman, PHL Lamberton, PMM Bossuyt, MMG Leeflang (2015). Circulating antigen tests and urine reagent strips for diagnosis of active schistosomiasis in endemic areas. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews Issue 3. Art. No.: CD009579.
12. RA Cheke, M-G Basáñez, M Perry, MT White, R Garms, E Obuobie, PHL Lamberton, S Young, MY Osei-Atweneboana, J Intsiful, DA Boakye, M Wilson (2015). Potential effects of warmer worms and vectors on onchocerciasis transmission in West Africa. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B 370: 20130559.
11. PHL Lamberton, RA Cheke, M Walker, P Winskill, MY Osei-Atweneboana, I Tirados, A Tetteh-Kumah, DA Boakye, MD Wilson, RJ Post, M-G Basáñez (2014). Onchocerciasis transmission in Ghana: biting and parous rates of host-seeking sibling species of the Simulium damnosum complex. Parasites & Vectors 7:511.
10. PHL Lamberton, NB Kabatereine, DW Oguttu, A Fenwick, JP Webster (2014). Sensitivity and specificity of multiple Kato-Katz and circulating cathodic antigen test for Schistosoma mansoni monitoring and evaluation and drug-efficacy with repeated praziquantel. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases 8: e3139.
9. RJ Post, R. A. Cheke, DA Boakye, MD Wilson, MY Osei-Atweneboana, A Tetteh Kumah, PHL Lamberton, JL Crainey, L Yameogo, MG Basáñez (2013). Stability and change in the distribution of cytospecies of the Simulium damnosum complex (Diptera: Simuliidae) in southern Ghana from 1971 to 2011. Parasites & Vectors 6: e205.
8. CM Gower, AN Gouvras, PHL Lamberton, A Deol, J Shrivastava, P Mutombo, JV Mbuh, AJ Norton, BL Webster, JR Stothard, A Garba, C Kariuki, NC Lange, GM Mkoji, NB Kabatereine, AF Gabrielli, JW Rudge, A Fenwick, M Sacko, R Dembelé, NJS Lwambo, L-A Tchuem Tchuenté, D Rollinson, JP Webster (2013). Population genetic structure of Schistosoma mansoni and S. haematobium from across six sub-Saharan African countries: Implications for epidemiology, evolution and control. Acta Tropica, 128 (2) pp. 261-274.
7. M Kaushik, PHL Lamberton, JP Webster (2012). The role of parasites and pathogens in influencing generalised anxiety and predation-related fear in the mammalian central nervous system. Hormones and Behavior, 62 (3) pp. 191-201.
6. PHL Lamberton, SC Hogan, NB Kabatereine, A Fenwick, JP Webster (2010). In vitro and in vivo praziquantel test capable of detecting reduced in vivo efficacy in Schistosoma mansoni human infections. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 83 (6) pp. 1340-1347.
5. AJ Norton, CM Gower, PHL Lamberton, BL Webster, NJS Lwambo, L Blair, A Fenwick, JP Webster (2010). Genetic consequences of mass human chemotherapy for Schistosoma mansoni: population structure pre- and post-praziquantel treatment in Tanzania. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 83, pp. 951-957.
4. JP Webster, A Koukounari, PHL Lamberton, JR Stothard, A Fenwick (2009). Evaluation and application of potential schistosome-associated morbidity markers within large-scale mass chemotherapy programmes. Parasitology 136, 1789-1799.
2. CM Gower, J Shrivastava, PHL Lamberton, D Rollinson, BL Webster, A Emery, NB Kabatereine, JP Webster (2007). Development and application of an ethically and epidemiologically advantageous assay for the multi-locus microsatellite analysis of Schistosoma mansoni. Parasitology, 134, pp. 523-536.
1. JP Webster, PHL Lamberton, CA Donnelly, EF Torrey (2006). Parasites as causative agents of human affective disorders? The impact of anti-psychotic, mood-stabilizer and anti-parasite medication on Toxoplasma gondii’s ability to alter host behaviour. Proceedings of the Royal Society B, 273, pp. 1023-1030.
4. PHL Lamberton, AJ Norton, JP Webster (2016). Propagule behavior and parasite transmission. Encyclopedia of Animal Behavior, 3.
3. PHL Lamberton, T Crellen, JA Cotton, JP Webster (2015). Modelling the effects of mass drug administration on the molecular epidemiology of schistosomes. In: Anderson, R. M. and Basáñez, M. G. (eds.) Mathematical Models for Neglected Tropical Diseases: Essential Tools for Control and Elimination, Part A. Series: Advances in Parasitology 87 pp293-327.
2. JP Webster, PHL Lamberton & GA McConkey (2015). The Toxoplasma gondii model of schizophrenia. Handbook of Behavioral Neuroscience Series. Modeling the psychopathological dimensions of schizophrenia and related psychoses: from molecules to behavior. Editors: M Pletnikov and J Waddington. Elsevier, pp 225-241.
1. PHL Lamberton, AJ Norton, JP Webster (2010). Propagule behavior and parasite transmission. Encyclopedia of Animal Behavior, 2, Editors: MD Breed and J Moore, Oxford: Academic Press, pp 786-791.
Peer Reviewed Published Abstracts
10. PHL Lamberton, RA Cheke, MY Osei-Atweneboana, P Winskill, RJ Post, A Tetteh-Kumah, KJS Shew, MD Wilson, MG Basáñez (2012). Simulium damnosum complex geographical distribution and host choice in Ghana where onchocerciasis transmission is under ivermectin control. The British Simuliid Group Bulletin 38 Supplement pp. 18.
9. RA Cheke, A Tetteh-Kumah, RJ Post, PHL Lamberton, MG Basáñez (2012). Compact discs for sampling immature stages of members of the Simulium damnosum complex. The British Simuliid Group Bulletin 38 Supplement pp. 24.
8. PHL Lamberton, SC Hogan, NB Kabatereine, A Fenwick, JP Webster (2011). Schistosome miracidial behaviour: in vitro and in vivo praziquantel selective pressures. Tropical Medicine and International Health, 16 (S1), pp. 70.
7. JL Crainey, J Hurst, MG Basáñez, PHL Lamberton, C Griffin, R Cheke, M Wilson, RJ Post (2011). Simulium damnosum wolbachia (Wsdam) genomes harbour WOcauB2/B3-like bacteriophage. Tropical Medicine and International Health, 16 (S1), pp. 202.
6. PHL Lamberton, R Cheke, M Osei-Atweneboana, P Winskill, L Crainey, M Wilson, R Post, MG Basáñez (2011). Challenges for vector-borne disease mathematical models-density-dependent host choice by onchocerciasis vectors. Tropical Medicine and International Health, 16 (S1), pp. 256.
5. PHL Lamberton, RA Cheke, MY Osei-Atweneboana, I Tirados, MD Wilson, RJ Post, MG Basáñez (2010). Density-dependent host choice by Onchocerciasis vectors. The British Simuliid Group Bulletin 34 Supplement pp. 10.
4. PHL Lamberton, AJ Norton, A Fenwick, NB Kabatereine, JP Webster (2008). The effect of praziquantel treatment on the genetic diversity of Schistosoma mansoni infections in primary school children within Mayuge District, Uganda. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 79 (6), pp. 222.
3. PHL Lamberton, N Kabatereine, A Fenwick, JP Webster (2005). Adaptation and evolution of Schistosoma spp. in response to chemotherapeutic pressure. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 99 (12), pp. 948.
2. E Robinson, PHL Lamberton, R Stothard, N Kabatereine, A Fenwick, G Coles, JP Webster (2005). Development and evaluation of a field test for praziquantel resistance in Schistosoma mansoni at three schools in Mayuge District, Uganda. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 99 (12), pp. 952.
1. J Shrivastava, CM Gower, D Rollinson, T-P Wang, PHL Lamberton, B-Z Qian, E Balolong, JP Webster (2005). The importance and application of natural schistosome population sampling. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 99 (12) pp. 953.